Monday 18 February 2013

*REVIEW* - E.L.F All Over Colour Stick in Lilac Petal

Hello again ;)

I have another review for you...I'm on a roll...two reviews in one night :)
This review is for the E.L.F All Over Colour (or color for our American friends :) ) Stick, and the shade that I have is Lilac Petal.

E.L.F says: "3 in 1 colour for your eyes, lips, and or face! Get the colour that illuminates for a healthy glow, and instantly soothes and conditions the skin for fresh and natural colour all day long."
 
Oops. That didn't go quite as planned...
 
Take two :) That's slightly better....
 

PRICE & AVAILABILITY: You can get these pretty easily at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
and they only retail for £1.50! :) There are 6 colours at the moment. I got mine through a mystery bag that was in aid of a charity for ovarian cancer, and I'm glad I recieved this because honestly I think left to my own devices it wouldn't be something I would pick out! For me orders from E.L.F generally come in about 3-5 working days.
 
PIGMENTATION: This has pretty good colour payoff. The shade is a pretty, shimmery, dusky lilac, and something I've found and loved about this is the way the shimmer adds a highlight to your cheekbones.
 
TEXTURE: The texture of this is fairly creamy, but boderlining on greasy for me. I have dry skin, so this doesn't affect me too much, but if you had oily skin you may find issues with it sliding off. It never sets fully, though it does seem to set a little bit after it's been on your cheeks a while. Luckily it does blend well though, giving a nice natural look. Personally, I find that the texture of this means I would only wear it on my cheeks. The website says that you can wear it on your eyes, lips or face, but for me it's too greasy for eyes (it would just crease or slide right off, though I guess you could use it as a base) and for my lips it just seems to settle into the cracks in my lips. As if I need reminding how dry my lips always are!
 
WEARABILITY: Due to the fact that this product never sets completely, it does wear off during the day. I find that after a few hours the general lilac colour has faded, but the shimmer remains for quite a while, which gives a nice highlight. For me it's not too much hassle to touch up once or twice throughout the day.
 
OVERALL: At first I wasn't too thrilled about this, and as I mentioned before, it wouldn't be something I would pick out myself, but now I am glad I do have it! It kind of sat around for a bit after I got it, but since my skin has been drier in the winter I have been reaching for it and it makes a really nice cream blush. Having quite fair skin this looks quite natural on me and I love the dewy look it gives as well as highlighting my cheekbones.
 
The packaging is pretty simple, and you have to wind up the product to get it out, but one small thing that niggles me is that the name has worn off already and like I've said I've only really used it a few times recently, so it's a bit annoying that the name has almost completely faded when I haven't used it a lot.
 
Would I buy it again?
Yes, although I can't see myself running out! I will almost certainly look at getting some more shades though in the future...I've discovered I'm much more of a cream blush person!
 
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed my review :D
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment