Tuesday 21 May 2013

Ways To Organize Your Nail Polish Collection!

Hi! :)
I have a slightly different type of post today - one for any other nail polish addicts out there ;)

Once your nail polish collection starts to grow it begins to get a little tricky to store it in a way that makes it easy to find/see and also is neat and organized.
I have a couple of suggestions that I've found have helped me organise my still-growing collection!
 
One of the best solutions I've found is this nail polish rack...
I got mine from amazon:
 
You can find ones of all different sizes by putting in "nail polish rack" into the search engine.
 
Mine was around £10 and it looks so pretty with some of my polishes on it.
This says that it holds only about 30 bottles and it doesn't hold all of my polishes but I keep my favourites on there and also ones that I have a lot of...
 
On the top row I have 3 Accessorize polishes, then 4 O.P.I polishes, then along the second row I have my favourite 9 Collection 2000 polishes (I have 2 more that don't fit on this row..) and then along the bottom I have some from next that came in a big set that I got a while back.
I feel that this is a really pretty way of storing them! I'm tempted to get a couple more to hold all of my polishes but that would take up quite a lot of space...
 
So I have this solution!
 
Drawers...
 
 
I get these sets of drawers from Asda (they're pretty cheap and you can get ones with different sized drawers).
I actually use these to store makeup too...
What is so great about these is that you can break them apart and use different combinations of the drawers...
I have two sets of 4 drawers and I broke them apart to make a stack of 3 that I use for my nail stuff and then the others hold some of my makeup.
This bottom drawer looks messy but I promise you there is organisation!
 
 
 
I actually have two layers of polishes in this big bottom drawer.
The ones in this drawer are polishes that I don't use as often and also ones I don't have many of.
 I have one layer at the bottom and then a few stacked on top.
You can't see but on the bottom I have a load of polishes from  The Colour Workshop and E.L.F which have flat tops which make it easy for stacking other polishes on top of them properly.
 
I stack my Models Own polishes on top of them.
I also have a few polishes that just fall over but I don't mind that because  the drawers are transparent I can still see really clearly what's in them.
 
I'd recommend if you keep them in drawers that you put the ones that you don't use as much in the drawers as they may be slightly harder to see/ get to.
 
 
This drawer is slightly smaller and so I use this for nail art things. I have various nail wraps/sponges/nail art pens in here and keeping them separate makes things a lot more organized.
 
And then because I have that top drawer too I have the perfect place to keep my nail polish remover and also cotton pads!
 
 
So there you have it! I hope this may have been useful to people who aren't quite sure how to store their polish...I used to be one of those people who just had it standing around all over the place but it makes it so much easier when you know where it all is and then you can utilise it properly :)
 
Thank you for reading!
How do you store your nail polishes? Do you have any tips on keeping it organised?
Libby x
 



No comments:

Post a Comment