Thursday 4 July 2013

*REVIEW* E.L.F Custom Eyes Palette & Shadows

Hi!
 
Nearly coming to the end of my reviews for the E.L.F haul that I did a few weeks back....just one more review after this one! :)
 
Basically you buy the compact separately and then fill it with 4 pans, either eye shadows or lip colours. As an eye person, I chose shadows!
 
 
Here is the compact...
 
And here are the 4 shadows that I picked to go in it!
 
 
First up is a shade called Aubergine...
 
 
Pink Ice
 
 
Moondust
 
 
And finally Golden Glow!
 
Both the compact and the shadows cost £1.50 each, but due to a sale at the time I got the shadows for 45p! :)
 
 
 
In terms of the compact itself, I really like it!
It feels sturdy, it clips closed well, comes with a decent mirror and although I don't use sponge tip applicators much its a nice touch that is good for emergencies!
Personally I'd prefer a black coloured compact (white gets dirty so easily) but that's just me nit picking!
 
All of the shadows are magnetic and so fit into the compact well.
 
So what about the shadows?
 
Here are some swatches! These are over a primer.
 
 
From top:
 
Pink Ice:
Although this doesn't show up well on the swatch because it's light, this is probably my most used shade! It's a pale pink shade with some shimmer that makes a really good highlight! I like to use this on my inner corner and under my brow bone. I really like this shade!
 
Moondust:
This is quite an unusual taupe colour that has some slight shimmer.
It's an interesting neutral colour that is good for everyday but it is a bit dusty and powdery and not one of my favourites. However it is still useful. It does tend to blend away a bit so you do have to be careful.
 
Golden Glow:
This is probably my least favourite colour but that's only because the shade doesn't work so well with my skin tone. When you're buying online it's hard to see the colour of things and I think on the website it looks more shimmery than it actually is so if it did have that shimmer I think I'd like it more.
It's a bit too orange-y for my liking but it does have good pigmentation, its just not a colour I'd reach for a lot.
 
Aubergine:
One of my favourites!
This dark purple again has some shimmer and this is the most pigmented of the 4!
This is really pretty- a great dark and sultry shade! The colour payoff of this is just great.
 
Overall, I think the idea of creating your own quad is really fun to play around with and I really like the idea!
The compact is really great and I'm a big fan of it.
My favourite shades out of the ones I picked out are Pink Ice and Aubergine, but the other 2 are pretty good too.
 
So no disappointments with this! I hope to get another little palette and try out some other colours soon!
 
Thanks for reading! Have you created a custom palette from E.L.F?
Libby x
 

2 comments:

  1. I've just ordered 2 palettes and i cant wait to get them! I ordered Ivory, Sage, Pink Ice, Wheat, Aubergine, Taupe, Moondust and Navy. Can't wait to get them! :) Awesome review. B xx

    bethanieparis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! Glad you liked it :) Ive really been impressed with ELF's shadows for the price and I definitely want to try some other ones! I'll have to make another order soon I think :) x

    ReplyDelete